SO IT’S ALMOST THE WEEKEND AND YOU ARE LOOKING FOR SOMETHING TO DO. PROBLEM IS, MOST THINGS COST MONEY, RIGHT? NOT TRUE!
We’ve compiled a list (with the help of some of our Facebook fans) of fun, free and exciting things to do in the Vacaville area.
- Andrews Park Home of the Creekwalk in Downtown Vacaville, this park has year round events like live music and festivals that are free for all to attend. Bring your family and pets to enjoy the beautiful scenery in this 18 acre park!
- Wine Tasting Vacaville is home to numerous wineries and a good amount of them offer complimentary wine tasting. For example Wooden Valley Winery (woodenvalley.com), Suisun Valley Co-op (svwinecoop.com), and Ledgewood Creek (ledgewoodcreek.com) all offer free wine tasting to those 21 and over. It will make a great Saturday afternoon even greater (maybe tour all three?). Make sure you have a safe driver! (Although some wineries are in neighboring communities, we still feel they should be included in our list)
- Pena Adobe Pena Adobe Regional Park is located just off Interstate 80 in Vacaville and is home to the Pena Adobe Home. This California State Historic Landmark built in 1843 also offers amazing hiking trails! Take you friend, dog, or kids and experience something really different.
- Vacaville Museum While not exactly free (adults are $3), this museum is the only institution whose mission includes cultural and historical preservation for all of Solano County. Through exhibits, publications and educational programs, the Museum continuously promotes the value of community heritage.Since 1984, Vacaville Museum has produced 40 exhibits, as well as numerous publications important to the history and sense of place of Solano County. Archaeologists recently excavated below the surface in downtown Vacaville and unearthed evidence of people living along Ulatis creek for thousands of years, which will be highlighted in their brand new exhibit!
- Jelly Belly Factory Tours This is a really unique experience and I enjoyed it a lot when went. During the 40-minute walking tour, Jelly Belly tour guides will show you a real working factory where we cook up over 150 different sweet treats. Learn the secrets to how they create the legendary Jelly Belly jelly bean, and discover why it takes more than a week to make a single bean! Tours leave every 15 min!
- Anheuser-Busch Factory Tour While we are talking about tours, why not check out Anheuser-Busch? Stop by and see how America’s biggest beer company makes their beer from scratch. Also free samples for those over 21. Need I say more?
- Window Shopping The Vacaville Premium outlets is probably the best shopping in all of Solano County. Over 120 designer and name brand stores call the Premium Outlets home and I’m sure it will have something for everyone!
- Farmers Market Our Farmers Market (located Downtown) runs from May 7th through October 15th. It is a great place to meet local vendors, get free samples of fresh produce, and usually see a little live entertainment.
- Nut Tree Plaza While it’s not the same as it used to be, this place still has plenty to offer! If you check out their websiteNut Tree Plaza you can see all the free events they have available. Also on the weekends admission is free to enter the Kids Corner, while rides are anywhere from 25 cents to 2 dollars. Check it out!
- Vacaville Library – Town Square This stunning library which opened in January 2005, offers a collection of news, literature, music and film that would have been impossible to imagine in the Carnegie library.The library’s computer center is an ideal space for technology training and other online services. Group study room and a technologically equipped meeting room offer an inviting place for study groups, tutoring and meetings, as well as for programs and presentations.